A life coach is like a side-kick that helps you to live better, stronger and more inspired every day. They remind you of what you might have forgotten and don’t let you undervalue your worth. They see the potential that is always there and work with you to bring it out into your life. In other words, they rock!
When we chose to enlist a life coach onto our teams we are all making a major declaration:
That we deserve everything we could ever want and have the ability to make it happen.
That’s pretty major, right? That’s why; when a client commits to coaching I already know that they are going to be successful because the hardest part was making that declaration and walking through my door.
Let’s be frank though, not all coaches are created equal and not all coaches will be a good fit for you. So before you go out and take the leap to embark on this awesome coaching adventure I encourage you to be prudent: Ask questions, do your research and remember rapport is everything.
Assuming they are professional people with coaching specific training and professional accreditation I also suggest asking them these…
1) Why life coaching? This will help you to understand what has inspired them to get into life coaching. You want to work with someone you resonate with so their story is very important for you to know. The ‘why’ will help you to understand the life coach as a person and see what has truly motivated them to work in this field.
2) What’s a success story? You want to know that they get results and the best way to find out is to ask what they have helped others to create. Don’t worry, most life coaches want to talk about all of the success they have had and are proud to share it!
3) Who is your ideal client? Asking the life coach this question can save you a lot of time and hassle in the long run. Specialization is key and the answer to this question will help you know if you are in the right place with the right coach.
4) Do you work with a life coach? It’s true, coaches do great work but they can’t coach themselves. I don’t care how good you are, being completely objective with yourself is impossible. If a life coach believes that coaching is important, it’s vital that they walk the talk too.
5) What makes you stand apart? Life coaches are a dime a dozen – most of my friends are life coaches! Yes we are all unique, but how would you know that? This is the question that helps you to understand what strengths, skills and combination of experiences help sets them apart from the rest to know if they are the right fit for YOU.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: rapport is everything. Regardless of the answers to these questions if you leave the conversation feeling excited, inspired and vibrating from the inside out then you have found yourself a great life coach!
Tags: Life Coach, life coaches, life Coaching, question, questions